[mythtv-users] Configure Remote (mplayer and TV PlayBack)

Steve Nuffer nuffersp at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 28 15:52:21 EDT 2005

I believe I understand the relationship between the /etc/lircrd.conf and the mythtv user’s .lircrc file.

MythWeb configuration then defines the different keystrokes for each section within myth.

I’m guessing that lirc will also send all keystrokes to every application when the remote button is pushed since it’ doesn’t really know which application you want.

My confusion is the difference between “TV PlayBack” and the definitions within the mythtv’s .lircrc file for mplayer and xine playback

If I’m using mplayer to play live TV or a recording, how does that relate to the “TV PlayBack”?  Which one takes precedence?  Both are used?

e.g.

Hit "Menu" Button on remote will send the following:
MythTV  :  m (Global Pop-up Menu)
mplayer : osd (On Screen Display)
Xine       : RootMenu

If I’m watching a recorded program and press the Menu button on the remote, what happens with the above configuration?  MythTV opens a Pop-up Menu and mplayer opens its own OSD?

Steve

http://mail.yahoo.com