[mythtv-users] Archiving Shows to DVD

flim flim at talktalk.net
Thu Jul 28 15:25:47 EDT 2005

The point it, you need to pay for Windows to use Windows software.  Being
the poor, law-obiding citizen I am, I haven't had a computer with Windows
for about 3 years (since I moved out of my parents' house).

If anyone knows of a good package for creating DVDs on Linux, I'd love to
hear of it.  I currently use K3B, but I burn the raw .avi files, as my
standalone DVD player will play them.  Of course, that means I can have
about half a dozen feature-length films on a single-layer disc, which is
great!

Perhaps that's your better option - my player's made by a company called
Crystal and I think it's the DVX-??? model.  It was £30, but I'm afraid I
don't recall the web site.

Hope this helps someone!

flim