[mythtv-users] Matching up tv_grab_uk_rt to DVB-T channels

Duncan Brown mythtv at duncb.co.uk
Wed Jul 27 19:19:39 EDT 2005

John Winters wrote:

>Thank you - I was wavering between the two possible approaches and your
>second e-mail decided me on trying yours.  Your instructions were easy
>to follow and everything just worked.

Good to hear, the problem was annoying the hell out of me and having
lived with it for a month or so it was only in the last few days I fixed
it myself

>The only addition I can think of is that between the step of scanning
>the channels using mythtvsetup and running mythfilldatabase you need to
>start the back end up again.

Ah yes, I forgot the DVB card is show 'in use' unless you stop the backend

>One oddity though.  As indicated, I downloaded the icons as well and
>installed them under:
>
>/usr/share/mythtv/icons/tv
>
>which is where the sql seems to want them.  They haven't appeared
>anywhere, but since the database was updated, MythBackend keeps logging
>a failure to find them, but it's looking for them in:
>
>/mirror/video
>
>which is where the recordings go.  It seems to be ignoring the path in
>each channel entry, seizing just the file name and tagging /mirror/video
>on the front.  Is this another setting somewhere?
>
>2005-07-27 17:52:17.374 Could not open /mirror/video/itv1.gif
>
>and yet the relevant channel entry contains:
>
>/usr/share/mythtv/icons/tv/itv1.gif

How odd.. I cant find any other references to icons anywhere in the
settings, does the correct entry actually show up in the channel editor?
Maybe the sql wasn't inserted properly?

I can only really suggest the quick and dirty hack of symlinking the
icon directory into /mirror/video. Not exactly elegant though :(

Hope someone else can suggest something better

>TIA,
>John

Dunc