[mythtv-users] [OT] UPS's and 24x7 MythBoxen...

Steve Listopad steve.listopad at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 19:01:54 EDT 2005

> so, i was wondering what types of UPS systems are other MythUsers
> using?  and what would you recommend?

I just bought an APC RS1500.  Ironically, I *just* did a pull-the plug
test on it :)

http://www.apcupsd.com/

I agree with those who recommend APC.  And, the apcupd installed and
worked flawlessly.  How often does THAT happen?  :)  And the
documentation provided is the best that I've seen in a long time.
According to the docs, apcupsd uses a lot less cpu than the
APC-provided PowerChute, and you can't get linux supported software
from APC until you hit the $500+ range (at least according to my
queries to APC).

The auto-reboot-when-power-restores is a BIOS feature, as far as I know.

I haven't done any calibration, but the UPS reports a little over 1/2
hour of battery time when fully charged.

Feel free to contact me if you have more questions.

--

steve
steve dot listopad @ gmail dot com