[mythtv-users] [OT] UPS's and 24x7 MythBoxen...

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 12:18:58 EDT 2005

Hey all,

This is kinda off-topic, but pertains to my MythBox, and i figured
others may have run into this as well...

i currently have one MythBox up and running in our home production
environment. :)  now that the new season of SG-1, Atlantis &
Battlestar Galactica has started i freak out whenever there is a blip
in the power at our house.  in the past week our neighborhood has lost
power at least four times <shakes-fist> damn you Com-Ed </shakes-fist>
and i've had to go downstairs and restart the MythBox and check the
partitions.  so far this hasn't happened in the middle of a recording
or caused a loss of data or any type of corruption.

so, i was wondering what types of UPS systems are other MythUsers
using?  and what would you recommend?

thanks a bunch!
andy