[mythtv-users] Matching up tv_grab_uk_rt to DVB-T channels

Lee mythtv at varga.co.uk
Wed Jul 27 04:41:22 EDT 2005

The is a field on the database that contains a tag (looks like a url)
that links that channel to the channel data on the RT website.

Here are some notes I've been keeping (full kudos to Garry Parker) -

Have a look here -
http://www.kswindells.34sp.com/freeview/show.php/channels   - to see the
Freeview channel

list

mkdir /uk           <---temp dir to dump work files into
cd /uk
wget http://www.parker1.co.uk/mythtv/updatedvb
wget http://www.parker1.co.uk/mythtv/xmltv.dat

pico xmltv.dat          <--- add the channel/xmltv mappings for your
local BBC1/BBC2/ITV1 area

chmod 766 updatedvb
./updatedvb -r

to check that the table has been updated correctly
echo "select chanid,channum,callsign,xmltvid from channel" | mysql -D
mythconverg
------------
Now you need to create the /root/.xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt.conf file

echo "select xmltvid from channel" | mysql -D mythconverg >
/root/.xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt.conf

pico /root/.xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt.conf

and insert the word "channel" and a space in front of each of the lines.
save the file and exit
Making the Mythfilldatabase & tv_grab automatically run via cron

In the MythTV uncheck the box to auto run Mythfilldatabase

pico /etc/cron.daily/mythtv-backend     and comment out all the lines

Create a new file
pico /etc/mythfill-1
containing these two lines -
#!/bin/sh
su mythtv -c "tv_grab_uk_rt --config-file
/root/.xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt.conf > /tmp/rt.xml"
Create another new file
pico /etc/mythfill-2
containing these two lines -
#!/bin/sh
su mythtv -c "mythfilldatabase --quiet --no-delete --file 1 0 /tmp/rt.xml"

then chmod the files to make them executable
chmod 755 /etc/mythfill-1
chmod 755 /etc/mythfill-2

pico /etc/crontab
add these lines at the end