[mythtv-users] A/V Sync Lost after Transcoding

zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 19:52:55 EDT 2005

I'm using the PVR 350's encoder to record programs in
Myth.  I'm also transcoding recordings in the
background to mpeg4.  (The new xv/yuv support in ivtv
is amazing.)

A problem I'm having is that many shows have an audio
delay (audio is delayed w.r.t. video) when they've
been transcoded, but not before being transcoded.  Why
is that and what can be done about it?  I understand
there are problems with the hardware encoder in that
it can generate screwy timestamps, but seriously, if
it can be played without sync problems, why can't it
be transcoded without sync problems?

I'm using Myth 0.18.1 and ivtv 0.3.7a.  I'm *not*
using the 350's mpeg2 decoder to watch video.