[mythtv-users] Unable to set ALSA parameters

Sage sage at gypsycaravan.com
Tue Jul 26 17:56:50 EDT 2005

Here's an interesting anomaly I've discovered.  I have an 8 kHz sound
file.  If I play it using aplay:

aplay -D default <soundfile>

...then it plays fine.  However, if I use the name of the device in my
.asoundrc file:

aplay -D via82xx <soundfile>

...then I get the following output:

aplay: set_params:857: Sample format non available

This looks like it could be connected to the issue with mythtv.  Does
anyone know how to circumvent this problem?