[mythtv-users] Re: apt-get on FC3 still broken?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Jul 26 05:32:06 EDT 2005

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 05:50:20PM -0400, Evil Barney wrote:
> I tried this with a fresh load of FC3.  First thing I did was install apt-get
> (rpm -Uvh http://atrpms.net/dist/fc3/atrpms-kickstart/atrpms-kickstart-27-1.rhfc3.at.i386.rpm)
>
> then, I did apt-get update
>
> then I did:
> apt-get install rpm librpm4.4 apt atrpms-package-config fedora-release
> beecrypt
>
> At that point I get this error:
>
> [root at mythserver ~]# apt-get install rpm librpm4.4 apt
> atrpms-package-config fedora-release beecrypt
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>   rpm: Depends: libselinux (>= 1.23.2) but 1.19.1-8 is to be installed
> E: Broken packages
>
> I stop here and don't attempt the distro upgrade.
>
> any thoughts?

Add libselinux to the above command line.

Wow, apt seems to be quite confused by the depth of package
dependencies. I still wonder why apt-get dist-upgrade does not
work. Time to find a smart or yum solution.

Perhaps adding

[atrpms]
name=Fedora Core 3 - i386 - ATrpms
baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/fc3-i386/atrpms/stable

to /etc/yum.conf

and having a "yum install apt" is faster ...
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net