[mythtv-users] Trouble Playing Ripped DVDs

Michael Privett michpriv at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 02:10:24 EDT 2005

When you say "movie setup page", are you referring to
the "Default Player" field arrived at by traversing
through "Videos Settings->Player Settings"?  I can
change this to ogle (or xine), but the result is still
the same for me.

I'm going thru the following menu sequence to try and
play the movie:
Media Library->Watch Videos

Now I see my movies (I have it in list view).  I was
expecting I could highlight my movie and then hit
"enter" to fire up the player (be it ogle, xine,
mplayer, etc), but nothing happens.  I have to then
traverse the VIDEO_TS dir and can only get the player
to start if I select a specific VOB.  This doesn't
make a lot of sense to me.

Is there another myth module I should be using for
this?

Thanks,
Michael