[mythtv-users] air2pc off ebay?

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 15:37:06 EDT 2005

On 7/25/05, Dan Rampton <danrampton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Steve, great directions.  I just hadn't applied the DVB
> patches.  It's getting closer to working now.  :-)

> [root at goose ~]# /usr/local/bin/azap KCBS
> using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
> tuning to 749000000 Hz
> video pid 0x0000, audio pid 0x0000
> status 00 | signal 0000 | snr 0000 | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 |
> status 00 | signal 0000 | snr 0000 | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 |

The only "gotcha" I've run into with these cards is that occasionally.
they will fail to tune anything, like you're seeing in your azap.
Typically a modprobe will resolve the issue, and if that doesn't, a
reboot will.

The tuner is a little weaker than my rev 0.3 card, but given a strong
enough signal, there's no diff between the two in use with Myth. I
didn't have a lot of good luck running both in the same machine, but I
did have them working together for a while. The other thing I notice
is that this Rev 0.2 card has no QAM support, whereas my Rev 0.3 does.

The backend running this Rev 0.2 card for me is running 2.6.12.1 with
DVB-patches, and ATRPM's myth. It's working very well over all, and I
see the price has been dropped another $20. :)

As long as you don't mind a little pain in the beginning, I would
heartily recommend getting this card. Heck, if I had a serious need
for it, I'd buy another.. we'll see what fall sweeps look like.