[mythtv-users] can't change channels on PVR-350

Petersen Curt petersen.curt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 11:20:49 EDT 2005

Have you tried checking that ivtv is loading properly?  Place the
following line in your config:

options ivtv ivtv_debug=2

If you already have options for ivtv declared, just add the
"ivtv_debug" on the end
Remove all of your ivtv-related modules (ivtv, tuner, tveeprom, etc.),
or alternatively you can just reboot your machine.  Then load ivtv.

Run dmesg (or check your /var/log/messages" and post the output
between the "**** IVTV *****" lines.

You can run "dmesg | tail -f" to watch the log while you fire up ptune-ui.

Be careful if you decide to actually capture some video while changing
channels.  I wouldn't try looking at the ivtv debug while you're
capturing.  You'll get a billion messages about DMA blocks being
transferred.  Use ivtv_debug=1if you want to get rid of those
messages.