[mythtv-users] IR receiver that only does RC-5

Dan Wilga dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Mon Jul 25 10:03:17 EDT 2005

>Does anybody know of any IR receivers (serial or USB)
>that only accept something similar to the Hauppauge IR
>receiver?  I just don't want my IR keyboard to
>interfere with the receiver and cause phantom remote
>control button presses.

The differences between IR signals, and the complexity of an
individual keypress, are so huge that there's very little chance of
there being a conflict between devices. If there was, you'd already
be noticing problems.

I suppose there's a slight advantage in processor usage to using a
receiver that's bound to only one protocol (like Hauppauge uses), but
from a standpoint of conflicts, there's no reason to limit yourself.
Dan Wilga                                         dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Web Administrator                             http://www.mtholyoke.edu
Mount Holyoke College                                Tel: 413-538-3027
South Hadley, MA  01075            "Who left the cake out in the rain?"