[mythtv-users] 2 PVR-150 Cards Causing Trouble

mythtv at cxdonline.com mythtv at cxdonline.com
Sun Jul 24 23:39:15 EDT 2005

Hello all,

I am having trouble with a 64 bit athlon 3000+ on a Gigabyte GA-K8N mobo
with PCIexpress. It has a nvidia 6600 PCIe, 1GB of RAM, and SATA1 200 GB.

It boots and runs fine with one PVR-150 installed. When I install the
second PVR-150, it will boot if it is cold. When I try a reboot, it will
not boot. Not even a POST. Later, I come back and it boots. When it does
boot, both cards work fine, sound and everything, even IR.

The heat-sink on the processor seems cool to the touch, and no smoke has
come out yet.

I have tried every combination of the three PCI slots for these two cards.
I have increased the RAM DDR voltage by .2 volts, I have checked voltage
at boot, starts at 12 and for a second goes to 11 and then back steady at
12.

The PSU is a Ahanix MPT-350D and has an AMD sticker on it. It says 15 amps
on the 12 volt rail, 30 amps on the 5 volt rail, and 14 amps on 3.3v.

Like I said, it boots and runs perfectly with one capture card.

I had two HDDs in it for a while and it did fine. Does a capture card draw
that many amps?

I am thinking about trying a new 450 watt PSU at 85 dollars. Do any of you
have any ideas?

Thanks for your time,
Steve