[mythtv-users] Dvico DVB-t lite capture card install issues under 2.6.11-1.35_FC3

Justin & Debbie jdaland at tpg.com.au
Sat Jul 23 19:40:00 EDT 2005

Hi All,

Have searched through the various threads but don't seem to have come across this issue. I am very new at this(Linux and Mythtv) so any help, directions, URL's etc would be greatly appreciated.

Problem: I have followed Jarrods instructions exactly as it says.
My problem starts when i get to the capture card. I have tried to install a DVB-t lite card using the jump off to Jani's instructions. This looks to be working until i get to loading the DVICO modules for the first time. I get the error message that the file exists and there is no such file or directory. I understand that this may be due to the fact that there is already support in this kernel.

Do i need to activate it or something as when i run mythtvsetup and get to the capture card - the heading for dvb cards are there, but it does not see my card.

I also found that there is no /dev/dvb/ directory. Why is this ???

Regards

Justin