[mythtv-users] Query for the scheduled recording

Josh Burks dotnofoolin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 18:07:45 EDT 2005

On 7/22/05, voidtrance at comcast.net <voidtrance at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to write a small app that will serve as a replacement for the system's shutdown/reboot/halt but with one major difference - it will query the mythtv database to get the time of the next scheduled recording and set the BIOS wakeup time.
>
> The purpose of this app is to enable the user to manually shutdown the box and still have it automatically wakeup when the time comes.
>
> I have made some pretty good progress but now I need to find out the time of the next recording from the database. I looked at the code for an example of the SQL query and found out that the backend just keeps a list of all the scheduled recordings and does not query the DB at time of shutdown.
>
> Can someone help me out and let me know the query that will allow me to get information on the next recording(s). It can be a query that will return all scheduled recordings. I can change it to fit.

I'm not a dev, but I believe that mythbackend handles all the
scheduling internally. You'll have to talk to the backend in a similar
fashion that mythfrontend does (through tcp/ip ?) to retreive upcoming
recordings.

The first place I'd look for more info is at the source for
mythfrontend and see what it does.

HTH,

Josh