[mythtv-users] Use the pvr's audio output (was: No sound in Mythmusic or Mythvideo)

Niklas Brunlid nbr at ticalc.org
Fri Jul 22 13:33:51 EDT 2005

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 19:05:45 +0200, Jim Reith <reith at racores.com> wrote:

>> > you would then get another one of the Y's above and plug those RCA
>> > connectors into the audio in on the tv. Probably use the line out on
>> the
>> > sound card instead of the speakers out.
>>
>> Oops!, There's a problem.. I don't have any rca connectors. When I
>> bought the
>> pvr-350, it came a strange 9-pin jack:
>>
>> http://www.naiandei.net/imagenes/mythtv-sound.jpg
>>
>> It's a 9-pin and a stereo mini-jack to SCART connector. I think that
>> this
>> cable is useless.
>>
>> BTW: Do you have desync when looping the sound through  the soundcard?
>
> When it loops through the sound card it's all in sync.
>
> I think the problem is that you don't have the right adapter cable. Mine
> (NTSC) has a cable that plugs in with a 9 pin round cable and off that I
> have S-Video and 3 RCA connectors for hooking to the tv, a little octopus
> cable. That is where I feed the 350 sound into the sound card
>
> http://www.itreviews.co.uk/graphics/normal/hardware/h427.jpg

Something to try is to contact Hauppauge directly... I emailed their UK
office (I'm in Sweden and their swedish officer is sales only, IIRC) and
complained that the cable I got with the card (the one the OP has) wasn't
the one in the manual (the one Jim's talking about). Once they replied it
took less than a week for the package to arrive, and didn't cost me more
than a few emails... =)

/ Niklas