[mythtv-users] Question on Screen Coloring

Scott scott at thebitbox.us
Fri Jul 22 03:19:30 EDT 2005

I set up my Myth box finally.  Video is a Nvidia 6200 running through
component cables to my Samsung TXN3071WHF hdtv.  When its booting and in
the command line, the picture looks bad but readable and in proper
colors.  Once X loads, the whole screen has a blueish tint to it.

One posting i had found suggested bad cables, but the same cables hooked
into my dvd player give a perfectly normal picture.

Any ideas as to why this may be happening?  I haven't run powerstrip
yet, so its pretty much a stock X config just to make sure i can see a
picture.  Would the proper setting found by powerstrip fix this or
should i be looking at a possibly defective component dongle on the vid
card?