[mythtv-users] Segmentation fault playing recorded video

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Fri Jul 22 03:08:00 EDT 2005

Marc Tousignant wrote:

> [...]
Thanks to both of you for the input.   Right now, my system is built
from rpm, so recompiling isn't easy.  However, I have been thinking for
a while that I need to set up a development area where I can compile the
later versions.  This may be the prod I need to get it done. :-) That
bug does sound very similar to what I experienced.

One other thing, I just realised might be causing it, is that I just
purchased a new 250 GB drive and replaced my older one that I was using
for myth recording.  I formatted the new one with XFS, and now I read
about a few problems with XFS in the archives.  I don't recall any
problems before changing to XFS.    Also I found another recording that
is causing mythfrontend to crash.  That's 2 too many :-).   So I just
reformatted the HD back to ext3 to see if it makes any difference.

If the problems continue I will try to compile a later version.