[mythtv-users] Myth tv ready for FC-4 ?

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 00:46:27 EDT 2005

Search for my prior posts in the archives.  I think my upgrade path
was fc1->fc2->fc4.  I remember I listed and responded to a couple
questions regarding FC4 installation, most notible:

0.  Used FC4 ISO to upgrade system.
1. Used the mythtv-suite rpms from atrpms.
2. apt-get didn't work, I had to use yum (suspecting my upgrade path).
3. xorg.conf file had to specify the busid in decimal not hex.
4. Had some issues with autologin and not running kde, so I fell back
to running kde and using kde's autostart/autorun feature to run the
frontend.
5. Installed lirc and ivtv modules manually since I recompiled my
kernel and need to disable 8k stats to run the evil ndiswrapper for my
wireless card.