[mythtv-users] Myth tv ready for FC-4 ?

Matt Goebel matt at goebelnet.com
Wed Jul 20 17:58:11 EDT 2005

Where are you getting that GCC 4.0 is supposed to "produce code that performs below that produced by gcc 3.4"?  GCC 4.0 is a lot faster in
everything else so why would Myth be any different?  Unless maybe there's some issue I'm not aware of?  To me I don't see and difference between FC3
and FC4, it's identical as far as Mythtv goes.  I haven't tried transcoding or anything like that yet.  Other then that all my other FC4 systems
seem MUCH faster... (no actual benchmarks)