[mythtv-users] Mythphone: using speex echo cancellation ?

Robert Rozman rozman at fri.uni-lj.si
Wed Jul 20 14:40:55 EDT 2005

Hi,

I must admit I'm not running mythphone at the moment (BTW, is anyone
releasing binaries for Debian Sarge ? - 0.17 seems the newest released), but
am interested in using it as video phone. It would be most convenient if
microphone on USB camera and speakers could be used for calling friends
(like handsfree phone), but I wonder if Mythphone is capable of that ?

Also, there seems good echo cancelation feature is now built in into speex
(from 1.0.9). Is Mythphone using it?

.... I remember that author of mythphone was looking for decent echo
cancellation code....

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.