[mythtv-users] mythfrontend configuration - where is it stored?

Phill Wiggin wigginp at mantech-wva.com
Wed Jul 20 14:41:38 EDT 2005

Mark,

    I believe all of the myth-specific information (typed into the myth
interface) is indeed stored on your backend server only.   If the
backend were to go down, the frontend would lose connection and could
not retrieve that configuration.  However, I assume (and this may be
wrong) that the myth frontend retrieves all of it's important
configuration data on startup.  As long as this is actually the case, it
would still know when and how to execute that shutdown statement even if
the backend dies.  If you were to bring up the frontend without the
backend online, it couldn't retrieve its configuration information to
begin with.  (Someone pelase correct me if I've got this situation
wrong, thanks.)

    Just for clarification, the configuration of Myth frontends is in
one of the tables in the mythconverg database (not the mysql database,
that holds mysql specific stuff) that is accessed through the mysql
server.

--Phill W.