[mythtv-users] OpenGL vsync

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Jul 20 12:03:05 EDT 2005

In message <4f37f6c050720085261c849f0 at mail.gmail.com>
        Asher Schaffer <freedenizen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I am having opengl vsync
> problems as well, but I'm on an epia.  As far as I can tell opengl
> should be working okay, I can compile everything with opengl enabled,
> but the logs show:
>
> DRMVideoSync: VBlank ioctl did not work, unimplemented in this driver?
> OpenGLVideoSync: GLX extensions: GLX_ARB_get_proc_address
> GLX_ARB_multisample GLX_EXT_import_context GLX_EXT_visual_info
> GLX_EXT_visual_rating GLX_SGIS_multisample
> OpenGLVideoSync: GLX Video Sync extension not present.
>
> I'm not sure where I need to look to find more information about the problem

Your driver has not declared OpenGl video sync support, so Myth is not
able to use it. That's what "GLX Video Sync extension not present" is
trying to tell you.

If your drive did support it then you would see GLX_SGI_video_sync in
the list of GLX extensions that it reported.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/