[mythtv-users] GeForce2 Pro

Erich Beckmann void at gourmetgeek.com
Tue Jul 19 22:09:13 EDT 2005

    OK, well it seems to have been the password for the mysql database
in the mysql.txt file located in /root/

    Thank you VERY much Fritz for the help.

Next question:

    I have this running on a Dual PIII 550 with ~720MB of ram and A
Geforce2 Pro hooked up to the TV out.
    When I try to playback a lot of my movie files, the playback is very
jerky. Is there somewhere I can look to tweak the settings of Mplayer to
get the playback to be smoother? OR What is the recommended way to go
about configuring the string to launch Mplayer?

Thank You,
Erich

pschormeir at iiv.de wrote:

>Hi !
>
>I've also had similar problem with my gentoo - mythtv construction
>
>try the following :
>Has the user in /etc/conf.d/mythbackend permissions on the logfile, is this
>user a member of the groups video and audio ?
>Reset the service with /etc/init.d/mythbackend zap before trying to restart
>it !
>Any left over pid files like /var/run/mythbackend.pid ?
>Does the mysql.txt file have the right settings for the database server ?
>Is there a nfslockfile.lock in the /mnt/store, delete it.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Regards
>
>Fritz

Erich Beckmann - blackhole account