[mythtv-users] UK: Getting strange audio track on BBC 1

Ivan A. Beveridge ivan at dreamtime.org
Tue Jul 19 10:29:53 EDT 2005

On 19/07/2005 15:17, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 15:10 +0100, Ivan A. Beveridge wrote:
>
>>I've been getting odd sound & video *only* during Eastenders (BBC1,
>>BBC3). This has been for the last month, and seemed to conside (or nearly
>>coincide) with my upgrade from 0.17 to 0.18.1.
>

> Sounds like your system is developing a degree of taste.  You should
> check if it behaves the same way with Big Brother.
>
> :-)

Well - I have been hesitating on posting, for that very reason (the
embarassment factor ;) but, rest assured, no reality-tv gets recorded :)

Slightly back on topic, James suggested I try the other audio channel
(press + during playback). It appears that the other audio channel
(channel 2) is empty for me.

However, in switching to the (no sound) audio channel 2, I noticed that
the video went back to normal speed ... so I don't actually have a video
problem - it's just that it is keeping in sync with the (bad) audio.

Other thoughts?

Cheers

Ivan
--