[mythtv-users] Where can I find technical, devloper documentation for mythtv

Bob Weber rjweber at ieee.org
Mon Jul 18 18:09:42 EDT 2005

On Friday 15 July 2005 05:55 am, Donavan Stanley wrote:
> On 7/14/05, Bob Weber <rjweber at ieee.org> wrote:
> > On Thursday 14 July 2005 03:10 pm, Donavan Stanley wrote:
> > > I had high hopes for the wiki when it started.  But it pretty much
> > > turned into yet another install guide.
> >
> > wiki? Where? I didn't see that on the mythtv website. Maybe mutiple,
> > targeted wikis might work better.
>
> You might try to use the tools available to you to try to help
> yourself before bemoaing the lack of information. (like searching the
> mailing list archives)

Is there an easier way to search the archives rather than searching each
month? There must be a better way.

> Hell a google for "MythTV Documentation" turns
> up the unofficial wiki as the second hit.

A thousand apologies for not googling (actually, I prefer dogpile since google
seems to filter certain political content, which brought it up on page 2) for
the wiki before casually asking for the URL. I've come across the site
earlier, but I didn't find anything useful for what I was doing at that time,
and didn't make the connection when you mentioned the wiki. Since you
mentioned it, I asked where it was. If you felt that was too lazy on my part,
why make more work for yourself by actually doing the search and responding?

Despite that, I really think that site should be in the web links page at
mythtv. It is mostly installation, but I do see some useful things there, and
that's probably where I can contribute a bit to the technical documentation
as I learn more.

If asking where I might find technical info, why it would be valuable, and how
I might contribute to it, is moaning, I'm glad there's a lot of moaning on
this site. A little orientation can help people become contributors to
mythtv. But if you don' feel like doing that, just don't. Life goes on.