[mythtv-users] Switching to mythtv

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 17:08:21 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm switching to mythtv from freevo. I haven't finished setting up the
new box yet, but already hit a few problems. I'm using gentoo, mythtv
ver 0.18.1.

1. There is no grabber for my country (New Zealand), but there is an
xmltv file with programmes. But how do I enter the frequencies for
every channel?
2. Mythfilldatabase --manual seems to load the programmes happily, but
when I check them with mythWeb - there is nothing in the schedule. The
file is available here:
http://mr.geek.nz/epg/getlist.html?channels=ter

2. mythVideo - I'm trying to play a file from a remote windows share
using the standard mplayer command, unfortunately there are spaces in
the file name and mplayer tries to play every single part of the name
as a file and obviously it fails. I tried to add "" around the %s but
it didn't help. Mplayer works without any problems from command line.

3. mythWeather - everything is sweet except the forecast for the next
day - even though the timezone is set properly on Monday the forecast
for tomorrow is for Sunday. Three days forecast and sat map are ok.
What am I doing wrong?

I couldn't find answers to any of those questions in the documentation
(perhaps I wasn't looking carefully enough?).

kind regards
pshemko