[mythtv-users] APM hard drive spin down setting recommendations for backend?

sarvinc at fastmail.fm sarvinc at fastmail.fm
Mon Jul 18 01:50:03 EDT 2005

On Thursday 14 July 2005 05:54, Neil Bird wrote:
>    Been thinking that maybe I ought to set a fairly aggressive spin-down
> (hdparm -B n) on my 2 backend HDs.  Any recommendations?
>
>    Or any better way of setting it that /etc/sysconfig/harddiskhda?

I'm just as new to all this as you. I know a better way on a Gentoo box. Just
edit /etc/conf.d/hdparm, add any new options and add hdparm to a runlevel. I
don't know much about the -B switch any information you could provide would
be appreciated, I'm happily using the -S switch but that adds about a 4
second delay after spindown.