[mythtv-users] venetian blind picture

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 13:16:33 EDT 2005

On 7/16/05, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:
> All of a sudden, my video on recordings I make is screwed up.
> Previously-made recordings look fine and xawtv works fine, so I suspect
> I have messed something up in the recording setup parameters, but I
> cannot figure it out.
>
> What happens is, the audio is fine, but the video kind of looks like
> venetian blinds. I don't know how else to describe it; maybe a little
> bit like an old TV used to look if you set the horizontal hold way over
> to one side.
>
> Any ideas what parameter I might have accidentally messed with?
>
> I'm using a pcHDTV3000 card connected to *ANALOG* cable, with the v4l
> drivers (DVB doesn't work, probably requires *DIGITAL* cable which I do
> not have yet).
>
> --Greg

It reads to me like you are describing interlacing.  When I first
fired up a recording with my pchdtv 3000 interlacing stuck out like a
sore thumb.  You could try passing parameters to your playback
software to deinterlace, OR you can deinterlace during recording (as I
read your post, it seems that you aren't using HDTV, correct me if I'm
wrong).

The recording profiles is where this option is given, adjust the one
you use (default probably) accordingly.

Related but OT:  If you are trying to capture (not the right word,
but...) HDTV using your card, I am not sure what you mean by DVB must
be for digital cable, and V4L for analog.  DVB works for both OTA and
QAM (digital cable) support.

Good Luck!

Chad