[mythtv-users] ex-freevo user trying mythtv

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Sat Jul 16 04:54:48 EDT 2005

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 08:32:28PM +1200, Dudely Smith wrote:
> however all the mplayer keybindings dont work anymore. Launching
> mplayer from a regular X11 session works fine.

I had the same problem.  Although mplayer would start and run, all of
the keystrokes were being passed back to Myth and it was navigating (or
worse) based on whatever keys I typed.

The solution was to redirect the stdout and stderr of the mplayer
process to /dev/null.  Apparently Myth was getting some data back from
mplayer and taking the keyboard focus.

Just add " > /dev/null 2>&1" to the end of the mplayer command in the
mythvideo setup screen.

> how do you span multple directorys of media?

Mythvideo will recurse the directory you provide in the setup screen.
In tile or browse mode they all appear together, and in list mode they
appear nested.

> how do you password protect the settings option?

There's a PIN field in one of the setup screens and a check-box to
require a PIN to make config changes.