[mythtv-users] De-interlacing on a non-interlaced display

Mark Cooke mpc at jts.homeip.net
Fri Jul 15 19:11:31 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 18:07 -0400, Ian Trider wrote:
> > Bob still does it to me.  I've been told that turning on opengl-vsync
> > will fix it, but I still get it.  It makes the OSD jittery, like it's
> > bouncing up and down 1 pixel incredibly fast.  I think (I don't
> > remember because it never worked so I don't use it) that it did it to
> > the broadcast as well, ALTHOUGH it did really smooth the broadcast
> > itself out... especially the examples of the scrolling news ticker and
> > the simpsons (and other animated shows).
>
> Hence why is is called a "bob" deinterlace. :P
>
> Try kerneldeint -- much more processor intensive but it'll look great.

Or try bob, but with a slight speed adjustment (M key then left/right
arrows during playback).  I see the bouncing at standard speed playback,
but at x1.05 or x0.95, the bouncing is gone.

This is with myth from a few weeks back, on an NVidia GeForce2 MX, using
the binary NVidia driver 1.0.7667.

I haven't made time to look for the cause, as I can watch playback at
x1.1 or x1.2 for most programmes fairly easily.

Mark

--
Mark Cooke <mpc at jts.homeip.net>