[mythtv-users] Q: Using MythTV as a router

Arno Puder arno_puder at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 18:41:29 EDT 2005

thanks for all your responses.

The reason I am interested in realtime streaming is
because I want to see live sport events that don't
broadcast in my area (Americans don't care much for
soccer; sigh). I'm willing to compromise on the
quality if I get the feed in realtime.

The frontend/backend thing sounds like a proper
client/server architecture that does exactly what I'm
looking for. What I'm not sure about is (1) firewall
issues (2) remote control (3) reduce the resolution of
the feed before streaming.

Arno