[mythtv-users] Re: HDTV sound okay, but no video

Sammo sammo2828 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 18:31:00 EDT 2005

Okay, I just realised it may have something to do with DRI or Direct
Rendering. The description of the problem in my previous email happens
when DRI is enabled, Option "no_dri" "no".

When DRI is disabled, "no_dri" "yes", SD channels are also fine,
except XFree86 uses around 15%cpu (compared to 2.5%cpu with DRI). For
HD channels, the video can be seen, although it's very jumpy, probably
because XFree86 also takes up a lot of %cpu (close to 99%). Audio is
jumpy as well. Seems that disabling DRI gives images on the screen,
but makes the computer too slow to decode all the frames and audio.

So, it appears that it may have something to do with DRI, and at this
point I don't know enough about how mythtv works to do any more
troubleshooting.

Please, if anyone has any suggestions on what I could look for, I
would be very happy!