[mythtv-users] Video gets choppy when changing channels/opening prog. guide

JEFFERY PLEAU jefferypleau at rogers.com
Fri Jul 15 09:33:05 EDT 2005

Hi All

I am a new mythtv user, having used Jarod's how-to to
build my myth box.  I have two issues with my myth box
(front and bqackend are on same machine)

1.  Whenever I change the channel, there is about a
3-4 second pause while the channel changes.  Is it
possible to eliminate this delay?

2.  Sometimes, after a channel change or when bringing
up the program guide, the video becomes *very* choppy
and there is no sound.  I can leave it for 5-10
minutes and it corrects, or I can back out of watching
TV and re-enter and it's fine.  What can I do to fix
this?

Details of my box:
ASUS Pundit-R
PVR-250
512MB PC2700 RAM
Celeron D 2.4 GHz
Using onboard ATI TV-out
FC3, myth 0.18

Would changing the resolution affect this (using
/usr/bin/ivtvctl -f width=720,height=480 currently)

Also, would upping the RAM or upgrading the processor
to a full P4 help either of these?

Thanks
Jeff