[mythtv-users] Myth won't scheduling multi-part episodes

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Fri Jul 15 03:51:21 EDT 2005

I am trying to get it to always record Doctor Who.  Each showing is a 30
minute part of an episode, that normally spans 4 of these 30 minute
showings.   Each 30 minute part shows up in the guide with the same name

e.g.

Doctor Who -  "State of Decay"

No matter what I do with the auto-scheduling, it always schedules the
first one, but not the later ones.  If I force it to record a later one
('record anyway') manually, it turns off the earlier one, saying there
is a later showing.

I thought the 'Record anytime on any channel' option should just do it,
but apparently it refuses to record (what it thinks are) repeats.  How
do I get around this?