[mythtv-users] Where can I find technical, devloper documentation for mythtv

Bob Weber rjweber at ieee.org
Thu Jul 14 18:25:30 EDT 2005

On Thursday 14 July 2005 03:10 pm, Donavan Stanley wrote:
> > For example, I'd like to figure out what are the databases that mythtv
> > uses, and what's in them? Mysql is used to store a lot of info, but when
> > trying to dump the info to move to a new system, I got nothing (I did get
> > some help, though, which I haven't finished trying yet). Without some
> > understanding of the databases, when things don't work as you expect,
> > you're stuck (unless you start probing the code, of course).
>
> Then you apparently didn't follow the directions in the doc on how to
> back up your database.  Mysql is used to store everything.

Actually, I did, but the documentation isn't accurate for newer versions of
mysqldump. See the subject " Getting database info to a new backend" for that
info.

But it doesn't negate the point that it'd be nice to know why we do things,
rather than just how.

> I had high hopes for the wiki when it started.  But it pretty much
> turned into yet another install guide.
wiki? Where? I didn't see that on the mythtv website. Maybe mutiple, targeted
wikis might work better.