[mythtv-users] Question about program scheduling rules in mythtv

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Thu Jul 14 05:50:47 EDT 2005

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 06:36:33PM +1000, ffrr wrote:
> If I set a rule, say by selecting a show in the program guide, and
> telling it to record one copy of that show each day, it happily
> schedules that show each time it sees it in the guide.
>
> But, if there are no episodes of that show in the current guide
> information, where, in mythfrontend, can I check that the rule exists
> and that it is just waiting for an episode to turn up?

>From the frontend main menu go to "Manage" and then "Set Priorities".
The priorities listing will include rules for which no matching
scheduled items exist.  Rules that were originally created from the
scedule will show just the show/movie name, while rules created using
the search tools will show the kind of search in brackets.  If you have
any Power Search items in your list, when you scroll to those items the
"Description" field will show the SQL query.  You can't edit the query
from within this menu, however - if it's wrong then you have to delete
the rule and go back to the search menu to create a replacement.