[mythtv-users] Wide theme? was: Xorg Transparency + mythtv = crash X11

Marius Schrecker masch at tiscali.no
Thu Jul 14 03:25:17 EDT 2005

Hi Chris,from your link it looked like your custom theme is wide.Do you
have a fully functional wide mythTV theme?

Cheers

Marius

you
like eye candy and use kde..you definitly need this enabled :-P it's
fricking awesome (Desktop -> Window behavior -> Translucency under CC).
See
it in action:
http://www.
>etslayer.net/custom-theme-2.png

I had to go back to nvidia  media-video/nvidia-glx-1.0.6629-r6 because 7000

series doesn't work with transparency yet (crashes x11). It works great

until I start mythfrontend and start watching a recording then X1

crashes...

I'm using gentoo, up to date with kernel 2.6.11, nvidia 6628 drivers, xorg

6.8.2

.. normal x stuff then:
SetClientVersion: 0 8

   *** If unresolved symbols were reported above, they might not
   *** be the reason for the serv
>r aborting.

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
         at http://wiki.X.Org
for help.
Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional
information.

...ideas?

mythtv-users at mythtv.org