[mythtv-users] Fedora New Install Woes

Jamie Dobbs jamie.dobbs at orcon.net.nz
Wed Jul 13 21:20:36 EDT 2005

> I'm trying a new install with fedora yet again, and I've run into some
> more woes.
> After I ran the apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade, the whole
> thing went south.
>
> When I type apt-get now I get an error about command not found.

I've had exactly the same problems, and worst of all neither RPM nor YUM
work either! There have been some fairly major changes to the ATrpms so my
guess is that this is the cause.

> Not to rush Jarod or anything because I certainly appreciate his
> guide, but has anyone else been successful lately with a fedora
> install?

Hopefully Jarod will be settled into his new job (IIRC he has not long
been at a new job) and is probably already working on the Fedora Core 4
install instructions?