[mythtv-users] Re: PVR-150/250 Composite/SVideo inputs?

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Wed Jul 13 17:35:54 EDT 2005

On 7/13/2005 12:04 PM Mark Knecht wrote:

>Hi,
>   I know. Only one day but I'm inpatient. Anybody know about using
>these inputs? Write me offline if you don't want to use bandwidth or
>respond here.
>
>thanks,
>Mark
>
>On 7/12/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>   I am completely, utterly and totally perplexed about how to set up
>>the composite and SVideo inputs on my PVR-250 & PVR-150 to capture
>>live video . Does it work? What I'd like ot be able to do is to
>>capture live video & audio on the composite input of the PVR-250. Is
>>this possible?
>>
>>   I think what I'm most confused about right now is what connection
>>I'm supposed to make for these parts of the cards. I have both cards
>>in a system and both tuners work. However the only connections shown
>>on the connections page is Tuner 0 -> Comcast. All the other ports
>>currently are set to none.
>>
>>   What sort of 'connection' do I need to make for a composite input
>>on the PVR-250 that is receiving only live video from an XBox, for
>>instance? do I need to create some other type of video source so that
>>I can make a connection?
>>
>>   Probably someone has a really simple answer. (I hope...)
>>
>>Cheers,
>>Mark

I have a single PVR-250 card and record from the Svideo input.  It works
wonderfully.  However I don't recall having to do anything special when
installing it.  I just checked my settings in mythtv-setup.  "Capture
Cards" just has one device. '/dev/v4l/video0'.  The card type of this
device is "MPEG-2 Encoder card (PVR-250, PVR-350).  The default input is
"S-Video 0".

But then in "Input Connections", I have ten listings.  All are "[MPEG:
/dev/v4l/video0]" and then appended to it I have "Composite 0" through
"Composite 4", "Tuner 0", and "S-Video 0" through "S-Video 3".  I am
sure I did not create all of these.

I'm sorry I am not more help.  Maybe by my descriptions of my setup you
will see something that helps you figure it out.

Good Luck,

Drew

--
Visit The Alchemist's Warehouse