[mythtv-users] PVR-150/250 Composite/SVideo inputs?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 13 16:18:41 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 12 July 2005 13:11, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Hi,
>    I am completely, utterly and totally perplexed about how to set up
> the composite and SVideo inputs on my PVR-250 & PVR-150 to capture
> live video . Does it work? What I'd like ot be able to do is to
> capture live video & audio on the composite input of the PVR-250. Is
> this possible?
>
>    I think what I'm most confused about right now is what connection
> I'm supposed to make for these parts of the cards. I have both cards
> in a system and both tuners work. However the only connections shown
> on the connections page is Tuner 0 -> Comcast. All the other ports
> currently are set to none.
>
>    What sort of 'connection' do I need to make for a composite input
> on the PVR-250 that is receiving only live video from an XBox, for
> instance? do I need to create some other type of video source so that
> I can make a connection?

You need to define a video source for the svideo/composite input.  If
you're hooking it up to some type of external tuner (like a cable or
sat box), then just define a video source/channel lineup for that and
connect it to the whatever input you want.

If your input is a 'channel-less' source, like a VCR or video game
console, then you'll need to create a video source with a dummy channel
containing no linup information.  I did this once a long time ago; I
seem to recall it required monkeying in the database, but I may be
mistaken.

Once you have a video source connected to your input, you should be able
to switch to it in LiveTV mode, and see it in the EPG.

HTH,
JAC