[mythtv-users] Find Once Per Week Records Multiple Times

Derek Battams derek at battams.ca
Wed Jul 13 09:44:30 EDT 2005

Quoting Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com>:

> Derek Battams wrote:
>> Quoting Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com>:
>>> The interval begins from the time of the showing that was selected
>>> when the rule was created. If you created the rule on a Wed. showing,
>>> for example, a Monday or Tuesday recording would be the end of the
>>> week and Wednesday would start a new interval. Go to the options
>>> page for a showing you will see the find time in the subtitle:
>>>
>>> Best Week Ever
>>> (Fri, 11:00pm or later)
>>>    Airdate: Fri Jul 15 ...
>>
>> On the details screen it shows "Mon, 00:00 or later", which seems
>> correct.  I
>
> Huh? How did you come to that conclusion? Unless you chose a late
> Sunday night showing at the stroke of midnight, that's hozed. It
> should have been Mon, 09:00 pm or later.
>
>> The find id is 732501 (7/9/2005).  Not sure if this is correct?
>
> July 9th would be a Saturday. It is not correct.
>
> Remove the rule you have now, look up the 9pm Mon showing and
> create a new rule. After creating it, go back and you should
> see "Mon, 09:00 pm or later" and the findids for this week should
> be 7/11/2005 and 7/18/2005 for next week.
>
> If it's "00:00" again, it may be the result of the find time and
> date not getting saved or your database schema didn't get updated
> properly or something. If it's still "00:00" then send the
> output for:
>
> $ mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
> mysql> select * from record where title='Your Show Title'\G
>
> --  bjm

Ok, did as you said and this time it seems like everything is correct.  I
deleted the current rule and went to next Monday's airing and setup a
'find one
weekly' rule.  This time it shows "Mon, 21:00 or later", which is
correct.  The
find id also shows 7/18/2005.  I chose 'none' for the duplicate check method
and the scheduler chose to skip the Monday airing in favour of the Tuesday
airing (due to conflicts for next Monday) and it also skipped the Wednesday
airing, as expected.

It's probably worth noting that the only difference between the way I
set it up
this time and last time is that this time I setup the schedule rule via
mythfrontend (the EPG), whereas the first time I did it via MythWeb.  Might
there be a bug with the way MythWeb schedules these types of recordings?

  - Derek