[mythtv-users] Package unmet dependencies using apt-get for version 0.18.1 on fedora core 4

Dirk Townsend Dirk.Townsend at TerraViva.ca
Wed Jul 13 01:03:16 EDT 2005

Hello,

I'm having a problem with package dependencies on a brand new fedora
core 4 install.  I hardly have anything on the system, but I get an
'unmet dependencies' error when issuing the 'apt-get install mythtv-suite'.

Any help would be roundly appreciated, since I'm not very experienced
with apt-get and packages.  My sources.list file is reproduced below
along with the output from apt-get attempts.

Sincerly,

- Dirk Townsend

sources.list
=======
rpm http://dl.atrpms.net fc4-i386/redhat release updates
rpm http://dl.atrpms.net fc4-i386/atrpms stable
rpm http://ayo.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/4/i386 core updates freshrpms
rpm http://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/dag fedora/4/en/i386 dag
rpm http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/freshrpms/pub/dag fedora/4/en/i386 dag
rpm http://apt.sw.be fedora/4/en/i386 dag
rpm http://rpm.livna.org/ fedora/4/i386 lvn

output from apt-get
=============
[root at black ~]# apt-get install mythtv-suite
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

 mythtv-suite: Depends: xmltv but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

[root at black ~]#
[root at black ~]# apt-get install xmltv
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

 xmltv: Depends: xmltv-grabbers (>= 0.5.40) but it is not going to be
installed
E: Broken packages

[root at black ~]# apt-get install xmltv-grabbers
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

 xmltv-grabbers: Depends: perl(SOAP::Lite)
                 Depends: perl(Text::Kakasi)
E: Broken packages