[mythtv-users] windowed gui moved after playing recording or live tv

Jim Reith reith at racores.com
Tue Jul 12 23:11:39 EDT 2005

>I have a pvr-350 installed in a PIII550.  I am running FC3, and kde.  In order
>to see the entire mythtv gui, I had to run it in a window, but everytime I
>watch tv or a recording, when it returns to the gui, the window has moved.
>Any ideas how to prevent this behaviour?

That's going to be a setting in your window manager. when it creates
windows it always offsets them slightly so you can see at least a
corner to tell a new one has appeared. you should be able to specify
an origin when creating which would nail it down. Been years since I
played with X to that level so I can't tell you what it actually
would be at this point. just a general pointer where to look