[mythtv-users] Issues with the Pinnacle PCTV Stereo (saa7134 based)

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Tue Jul 12 22:57:50 EDT 2005

Jamie, i found this without too much problem by googling, not sure if
you have tried it:

"I could get sound to my Pinnacle PCTV Stereo card (driver saa7134) when I added "options tda9887 qss=0" to my /etc/modprobe.conf file as suggested in some other discussion thread, restarted my PC, and checked and unchecked Channel Management -> Use PAL-DK audio decoding in tvtime application.

I was having "audio carrier scan failed" lines in /var/log/messages and /var/log/dmesg. I have Fedora Core 3 with 2.6.9 kernel.
"

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&forumid=10&threadid=260926

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:00:03 +1200 (NZST)
Jamie Dobbs wrote:

> I line in Wellington, New Zealand and am in the process of trying to get a
> MythTV box set up and am running into a few problems:
>
> 1/ With the Pinnacle PCTV Stereo (now saa7134 based) I can get picture but
> no sound in Xawtv, kdetv etc. but nothing at all in MythTV. ** THIS IS MY
> MAIN PROBLEM, after all what use is TV without sound? **
> (As an aside in Windows I do get sound from the card with no issues, and I
> have tried all I can think of with regard to levels, lines and inputs
> under Linux but there is obviously something I am missing)
>
> 2/ I've tried various distros and had hoped to use the Fedora Core 3 guide
> at http://wilsonet.com but have discovered that the ATrpms now muck up
> Fedora nicely. After installing Axel Thimm's ATrpms-kickstart and doing an
> apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade and rebooting to install the new
> kernel none of the package management software, RPM, APT or YUM work.
>
> 3/ I'd prefer to use Gentoo but haven't been able to find anything really
> useful that details the correct process to go through. I think I saw
> something a few months ago that was a step by step guide but if I recall
> correctly in was for one of the Haupauge cards and I didn't save the URL.
> That might not be a lot of use anyway given that I don't have the Haupauge
> card.
>
> Can anyone point me to some good step by step instructions, for _any_
> distro to get me up and running with the PCTV Stereo and using my ATI
> cards TV out I'd really appreciate it.
>
> Cheers
>
> Jamie

Nick Rout