[mythtv-users] BackEnd FrontEnd, how does it work??

Mr AG angelisonline at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 18:39:56 EDT 2005

I have just a question or two, to ask about this.

I want to know if I have this correct in my head. I want to have a
MythTV installation in the basement aka my workshop, so that I can
listen to my MP3 collection, and maybe some online radio... * i heard
that there is a plugin somewhere* Also, when I can be bothered to set
it up, I want to have my cable TV setup in my basement too (i spend a
lot of time in the workshop!) The thing with this is, having my cable
box in the basement, means, NOT having it upstairs.... *obvious, I
know.*

This is where the front end back end questions come in. If I have
another MythBox, on my network, can it display the live TV, that is
coming into my main MythBox?
If so, can i get the MiniMyth box, (that's what I'll call the second
and third boxes), to schedule recordings and stuff, and then have it
all avalible to watch on any MiniMyth box around the house? Because
if that's that case, I'll start in the morning!