[mythtv-users] OT: kernel disabling IRQ#7 (Sound Stops working)

Adam Gianola devils.taco at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 21:28:50 EDT 2005

I also had a similar problem, however my pvr250 was the one taking up
irq7, so when it got switched off I lost my tv capture :(   i'm not
exactly sure how i fixed the problem, but I do see 'pci=useirqmask'
and 'acpi=off' in my grub.conf.  I think dmesg told me to do the
pci=useirqmask thing because the irq7 was screaming all the time for
no reason... at least i think thats why i put it there. whatever i
did, i still see ivtv on irq7 and haven't had a problem for ages.

-AG