[mythtv-users] OT: kernel disabling IRQ#7 (Sound Stops working)

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 12:47:53 EDT 2005

IRQ7 is usually that of the parallel (a.k.a. printer)
port.  If the sound card is taking IRQ7, then either
there's no printer port on the machine, or something
is messed up with IRQ sharing (and I'd bet on the
latter).

If the sound card can't be moved away from IRQ7, then
try disabling the printer port on the motherboard, so
that IRQ7 is freed up.

I have seen some messages from the kernel about
spurious interrupts on IRQ7 before - this is just
apparently due to the wiring of the parallel port, and
they haven't caused any problems in the past, at least
not for me.

-- Joe