[mythtv-users] Issues getting MythTV to work

Jamie Dobbs jamie.dobbs at orcon.net.nz
Sun Jul 10 15:07:46 EDT 2005

Hi

I'm in New Zealand and am trying to set up MythTV with a Pinnacle PVTV
Stereo and VIA onboard sound. The main issues I have are that even
though I can get channels tuned in applications like xawtv or kdetv
there is no sound, and I cannot even get MythTV to show a picture. I am
using Fedora Core 4 at the moment but would be willing to try another
distro if necessary.

I guess I am missing out some fundamental step here but I just can't see
how I can 'tune' MythTV to the channels I can get here, the option to
autotune does not show as an option in mythtvsetup :-(

Obviously there is something pretty basic here that I am doing wrong and
I'd appreciate any help that people on the list could offer, especially
any NZ'ers who have managed to get this kind of setup working who could
point me in the right direction.

Any and all help appreciated.

Cheers

Jamie